WHAT WE DO
- Discuss peer-reviewed scientific literature about MCH
- Plan activities for advocacy and service in the community;
- Collaborate with other organizations at UCLA;
- Create content for the Maternal and Child Health Center of Excellence website;
- Identify opportunities for students to write grant applications for additional funding; and
- Schedule academics at UCLA and professionals in public health agencies/organizations to speak to the group about their experiences, accomplishments and challenges in working in the field of MCH.
The MCH SIG holds weekly meetings for students and staff interested in
Maternal, Child, and Family Health issues.
The Executive Committee will spearhead board meetings, support the program manager of the CFH program with general body meetings, and coordinate with other committees on projects.
Trixy Joy Manansala
Programs & Partnerships Committee
The Programs and Partnerships Committee will spearhead advocacy, service projects, and partnership efforts including: Summer Advocacy Project, quarterly service projects, cross-campus partnerships, partnerships outside UCLA, and guest speakers for general meetings.
SUMMER ADVOCACY COORDINATOR
SERVICE PROGRAMS COORDINATOR
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR
The Resesarch Committee will spearhead the MCH Journal Club, which includes coordinating journal article selections and facilitating journal club meetings.
Dome Enrico Lupac
Nayelie Benitez Santos
The Communications Committee will spearhead efforts to manage website content, create communications materials, publicize the MCH SIG at recruitment and resource events, and publicize for MCH SIG events.
The Finance Committee is responsible for applying for student organization funding (as needed) and manage funds for SIG activities.
General Members of the MCH SIG include both undergraduate and graduate-level students at UCLA.