WHAT WE DO
The Maternal and Child (MCH) Interest Group enables fellows in the Maternal & Child Health Training (MCHT) Program to network, collaborate and share experiences with each other outside of class, meeting for one hour biweekly during the academic year. Attendance in this group is a requirement of the MCHT Program, but open to all graduate students in the Fielding School of Public Health as well as to the greater undergraduate and graduate UCLA student community interested in MCH issues.
MPH and PhD students enrolled in the school of public health are nominated to be part of the board each academic year. Executive and Committee Chairs engage students in the group to
- Discuss peer-reviewed scientific literature about MCH
- Plan activities for advocacy and service in the community;
- Collaborate with other organizations at UCLA;
- Create content for the Maternal and Child Health Center of Excellence website;
- Identify opportunities for students to write grant applications for additional funding; and
- Schedule academics at UCLA and professionals in public health agencies/organizations to speak to the group about their experiences, accomplishments and challenges in working in the field of MCH.
Board applications are now live and we are recruiting new members to join our board with 7 open chair positions. Join us for an Info Session on Thursday, May 5th from 12-1pm in CHS 17-256.
You will learn more about what MCH SIG does and how you can get involved! All students are invited!
- We will offer a hybrid option for those interested but unable to attend in person:https://ucla.zoom.us/j/
- Meeting ID: 960 8656 8766
- Board application: https://forms.
If you cannot attend virtual or in person but would still like to join MCH SIG, please email us at email@example.com
The MCH SIG holds biweekly meetings for students and staff interested in
Maternal, Child, and Family Health issues.
The Executive Committee will spearhead board meetings, support the program manager of the MCHT program with general body meetings, and coordinate with other committees on projects.
Delia Melendrez Gomez
Programs & Partnerships Committee
The Programs and Partnerships Committee will spearhead advocacy, service projects, and partnership efforts including: Summer Advocacy Project, quarterly service projects, cross-campus partnerships, partnerships outside UCLA, and guest speakers for general meetings.
SUMMER ADVOCACY CHAIR
SERVICE PROGRAMS CHAIR
COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS CHAIR
The Resesarch Committee will spearhead the MCH Journal Club, which includes coordinating journal article selections and facilitating journal club meetings.
The Communications Committee will spearhead efforts to manage website content, create communications materials, publicize MCH SIG at recruitment and resource events, and publicize for MCH SIG events.
The Finance Committee is responsible for applying for student organization funding (as needed) and manage funds for SIG activities.
General Members of the MCH SIG include both undergraduate and graduate-level students at UCLA.
Matthew Rae De Leon